I. Purpose of the Position
Yomken is a crowdfunding and open-innovation platform owned by Istebdaa’, Inc. – A Cairo-based social startup. We bring up innovative products by bridging the gap between (i) the technical challenges faced by micro- and small entrepreneurs (MSE) working mainly in light manufacturing industries and (ii) the innovative solutions and ideas of potential problem solvers (e.g. students, scientists, entrepreneurs…). Additionally, Yomken funds and commercializes innovations and prototypes through crowdfunding. Yomken has successfully accomplished its pilot and proof of concept phases and is currently seeking a Managing Director to help out in the pursuing Yomken’s vision of becoming a tool to promote, fund, and apply innovation in Egypt and the Arab world.
As Yomken Managing Director, you will be Yomken’s senior executive officer. You will be responsible Yomken’s management and executive operations.
II. Scope of Work
You will be mainly responsible for…
- Designing, developing and implementing strategic plans in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner, within the guidelines developed and approved in conjunction with the Chairman; (10%)
- Recommend to Chairman strategic directions, new products, external partnerships; (5%)
- Managing and supervising day-to-day operations with entrepreneurs, NGOs, innovators, media representatives, within the support of the team; (35%)
- Managing the needed human resources to achieve these goals, including hiring new employees, interns, consultants; (5%)
- Handling the overall financial management and budget allocation given the trimestral budget planning agreed with the Chairman; (7%)
- Working closely with platform web developers and web designers; (12%)
- Maintaining a positive work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating good calibers at different levels; (6%)
- Reporting and regularly updating the Chairman and Yomken’s strategic partners about progress with achieving the objective; (10%)
- Representing Yomken in national and international events and meetings. (10%)
We are looking for someone with…
Higher education degree (preferably a Masters Degree) in Business, Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering or other related fields;
A working experience of 3 to 5 years, preferably with at least 1 year in a managerial position;
Passion in Innovation, Development and IT sectors;
Fluent Arabic and English written and spoken skills (French is a plus);
Exceptional leadership, communication and organizational skills;
Good knowledge of the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Egypt.
We think you should be well paid for your hard work and our compensation for our team reflects that. As a fast growing startup, we’ll offer you a reasonable base compensation in addition to a share of new successful innovations you yield.
IV. How to Apply?
Excited Enough?? Send your CV and cover letter before August 3rd 2013 to email@example.com.