Mot de passe oublié?
Saisissez votre adresse électronique ci-dessous pour réinitialiser votre mote de passe.
par GIZ IPSP
How can we can create a system that ensures correct medical care for newborn children with disabilities and empower their caregivers with the correct resources in the community?
Want to create real impact on the lives of thousands of children with disabilities in Egypt? Or contribute to the huge gap of resources and services available to persons with disability? Are you a tech-savvy individual with a drive to create social change in the Egyptian community? Then we want you!
There are many challenges that parents and caregivers of newly born disabled children face from early stage diagnosis of their children, where early detection will help early intervention and avoid potential disabilities.
Join us to make difference! We are looking for innovative solutions from developers, UI and UX designers, computer and software system engineers, or even medical and biomedical professionals to design and implement a digital platform that focuses on the tracking, documentation, and information sharing system for newborn children with disabilities. If you’d like to partner with us, please read on for more details!
In this challenge, we are collaborating with GIZ to create more efficient systems for the handling of documentation of newborn disabled children and assisting their parents with the correct resources and information they need in a timely manner.
Many of the medical units in Egypt don’t properly register nor document the conditions of newborns children, especially those who have disabilities. The lack of documentation creates a barrier to follow up on the status of these children and can delay treatment decisions due to doctors having to redo tests which are neither cost nor time effective. Parents from marginalized communities neither have the time or resources to constantly stay up to date with their child’s condition. Continuous documentation would create a history for each child case and allow future doctors to have all the needed information to make accounted decisions.
On the other hand, due to the lack of awareness and education on children’s health and disabilities amongst most of the population in Egypt, this can result in delayed early stage diagnosis and poor medical handling of their situation. It is important that caregivers of these children have the correct access to medical resources and centers targeted towards their disabilities. Therefore, providing a system that includes information for parents and caregivers from early diagnosis to maintaining regular health would also help improve conditions for these children.
Create a platform that is curated towards assisting parents and caregivers of newly born children and empowers them in supporting their children confidently at different stages of their disability. Both the proposed solution and final solution should clearly demonstrate the following criteria:
1. Contain an information-sharing feature with information on early signs and stages of disabilities, correct medical care and nurturing needed, interacting within surroundings, etc
2. Have an effective documentation or tracking system for the medical history of the newborn with a disability that can be used for future follow up.
3. Provide info on the right medical centers for follow up and treatment.
4. Relieve some of the burden on parents when it comes to receiving the right medical care for their disabled newborns.
5. Notification system for any new, relevant, or beneficial resources about children's’ disabilities.
Upon successful selection of the winning solutions, GIZ shall link the awarded providers to the relevant entities hosting the implementation of the solutions. Potential entities include the Directorate for Social Solidarity and/or the Directorate for Health.
For additional information on some of the governmental services provided to people of disabilities please visit the Public Service Map.
○ High interactivity and functionality
○ High-quality visual designs
○ High navigation and robust structure
○ Have an Arabic interface
○ Include a notification system for any new, relevant, or beneficial resources
○ Include a feature for parents or caregivers to keep track of their child's status regarding their disability.
○ Include an interface that is designed and curated in a simple and user-friendly manner for parents and doctors of children with disabilities.
The three shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to present their ideas in a pitch competition attended by GIZ members and government officials and will gain exposure within the development community.
The winner from the pitch competition will receive:
- A reward of 80,000 EGP (Inc taxes) provided by GIZ/IPSP to implement the solution with their collaboration. The reward will be given in instalments, in accordance with milestones set by the innovator(s) according to their plan of action. Winners will also receive:
- Recognition and support from the IPSP GIZ team across their networks.
- The possibility of future collaboration with GIZ.
- Acknowledgement of the winner amongst GIZ partners.
As per our platform Terms and conditions and in case the intellectual property rights are not registered, the innovator should not disclose any sensitive unprotected information. Meanwhile they should include all technical details required to judge the technical validity and feasibility of the solution. The intellectual property of the well-developed app will be to the government and GIZ.
You can submit a solution at any time. Before doing so, we strongly recommend you read the rules and FAQs.
Si votre organisation fait face à un défi pressant, soumettez-le ici et suivez les instructions.
Partagez vos idées et obtenez de l’aide
Yomken travaille avec des personnes possédant des idées brillantes pour des produits innovants et qui cherchent du soutien au marketing, financier ou coopératif gratuit ! Les challenges publiés par d’autres entités vous inspirerons peut-être aussi à les résoudre et à en recevoir la récompense en retour !
Yomken enables you to find for innovative solutions outside the boundaries of your organization. Open-innovation enables you to use the power of social networking and the wisdom of the crowd. If you are a CSR department or a donor agency, you may also sponsor the solution of social challenges!
Yomken vous fournit une gamme d’idées et de produits innovants par certains des entrepreneurs les plus innovateurs dans la région. Vous pouvez financer vos entrepreneurs favoris en pré-commandant leurs produits qui vous seront envoyés une fois ils atteignent leur objectif de financement !