Enter your e-mail address below to reset your password.
by Société MS
MS Company, a leader with 40 years of experience in mineral industries, underground works and water treatment projects is looking for low-cost, yet reliable design for a clamping system for their fluid control units used to define.
A call for Industrial designers, mechanical design and production engineers to submit their designs for a chance to win 800 EUR for the best design. Please read on for more details!
MS is a company based in Veyre-Monton, France with 40 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and installing reliable and efficient solutions for liquids/solids separation worldwide used in mineral industries, underground works and water treatment projects. The company uses fluid controllers to measure the sedimentation rate in contaminated water using optical cells. The current system works well. Nevertheless, its manufacturing process does not allow to have an industrial supply chain as it consists of a clamp modified by the company’s workshop.
To design a clamping system for the fluid controller which is used to define the characteristics of a fluid.This system consists of a glass tube (vertical position), a HDPE cover, a natural rubber seal and a level sensor.
The submitted solutions must fulfill the following requirements:
● Easy to use
● Low cost (~30 Euros)
● Corrosion resistant (Humid environment)
● Clamping effort: 100N
● Assembling/Disassembling time: <10 seconds
● Hold different tube sizes
● Standard tube size:
o Exterior Diameter:90mm
o Length : 300mm
● Pressure inside the tube: +/-0.1bar
● Frequency of assembly/disassembly: 1-2 times per day
The system should make it possible to close the glass tube by the cover and thus to guarantee the seal between the two.
When opening the lid, this system must also allow to release the tube sufficiently to be removed from its housing.
Submit your solution before the deadline November 17th 11:59 pm EST. The solution should:
● Clearly demonstrate the design and its features by attaching JPG/PDF/DXF files of the design
● Material selection for each part
● An estimated cost for the whole design
During the evaluation phase, you may receive some questions regarding your submission for clarification, if needed.
The best design will be chosen to sign an open source contract, after which the winner must deliver the following files within the period indicated in the contract for each part in his/her design:
● Full dxf files
● Production/working drawings
● Manufacturing steps
The winner will receive a reward of 800 EUR according to the following conditions:
● The solution should meet the aforementioned criteria
● The solution should include a clear plan of action including implementation stages, timeline, required tools/materials, estimated budget, and technical support required (if applicable)
● The reward will be given in installments according to the contract.
● As per our platform Terms and Conditions, in case the intellectual property rights are not registered, the innovator should include the minimum details required to judge the technical validity and feasibility of the solution without full technical specifications.
You can submit a solution at any time. Before doing so, we strongly recommend that you read the rules and FAQs.
Deadline for solutions 24th November 2019
*please read rewards and conditions
If your organization is facing a pressing challenge, please submit it by clicking here and follow the instructions.
Share your ideas and get help
Yomken works with people who have brilliant ideas for innovative products and who are looking for financial, collaboration or marketing support to complete these ideas. Our platform helps you to get the needed PR and marketing for free! You may also get inspired by the challenges posted by others to solve them and get awarded in return!
Yomken enables you to find for innovative solutions outside the boundaries of your organization. Open-innovation enables you to use the power of social networking and the wisdom of the crowd. If you are a CSR department or a donor agency, you may also sponsor the solution of social challenges!
Yomken provides you a range of innovative products and ideas by some of the most innovative entrepreneurs in the world. You can support your favorite entrepreneurs by sharing or possibly collaborating with them to improve or complete their products!